Then cast your vote from November, 2nd here!
Voting Period: From Nov, 2nd 00:00 am (midnight) until Nov, 9th 11:59 pm.
Authentification: How can I log in? To cast your vote, you will be able to log in using your campus or TUM account. The voting procedure itself is anonymous, no personal information is revealed (see “Technical Questions” at the bottom).
Entitled to vote: all students enrolled in winter semester 2016/17 at LMU, TUM or HM (includes enrolled PhD students, excluding elderly students and the students of TUM campus Straubing and TUM Asia).
- Ballot at three universities LMU, TUM and HM, totaling about 115,000 students.
- Ballot will provide guidance for Studentenwerk München on how to enact.
- Strong vote: Take part, as many as possible!
- Minimum participation: valid at the university in question only if at least 25 % of the students at each university participate in this ballot.
- Majority decision: The ballot at each university is independent from the ballot of the other universities, meaning that votes are counted for each university separately. For a Semesterticket to be continued from summer semester 2017, a single majority in all three universities is necessary – 3x „Yes“!
- The results will be announced online on www.semesterticket-muenchen.de.
How can I log in and which steps are necessary to cast my vote?
- Click on the button of your university which will be visible on this page from Nov, 2nd 00:00 am (midnight).
- You will be forwarded to the authentification page: log in using your campus- / TUM-account.
- On the following page, you can see that no data is transferred that allows us any conclusions about your identity. Click on the button “Bestätigen” / “Confirm” to go on.
- You will be forwarded to the ballot form. You may select “Yes” or “No” and need to confirm your vote with a click on the “Vote!” button. Important: Only if you click on the “Vote!” button, your vote is casted and counts!
- You will receive a confirmation that you casted your vote successfully on a separate page.
I lost the password for the log in. Where can I get a new one?
LMU students: https://www.it-servicedesk.uni-muenchen.de/faq/index.html#campuskennung-passwort-vergessen
TUM students: https://www.it.tum.de/en/faq/it-services/account-login-tum-id-mwnid-tumcard/account-password/i-forgot-the-password-for-my-tum-account-what-can-i-do/
HM students: https://www.hm.edu/rz/online-service under „Online Account-Verwaltung“
Is the ballot anonymous / What is done to protect my personal data?
- Yes, the ballot is anonymous!
- Personal campus accounts are solely used to assure that only students of either of the three universities can participate in the voting and nobody may cast more than one vote.
- Personal data like name, postal address, email or anything similar were not made available to the organization team of this ballot through the identity service “shibboleth” and are unnecessary for the result anyway. The data provided is visible after you log in.
- For TUM students we additionally get the course of study. This information is only used for access control and not saved. Even with this additional data it is not possible for us to conclude on your identity.
- Participance and the vote itself are saved in two different database tables. It is impossible to allocate participants and votes. To vote again or alter a vote one already casted is impossible.