The most urgent thing in advance, students do not have to purchase their own 9€ ticket. In the three months from June to August, your validated student ID card with the MVV logo is valid as a Germany-wide travel authorization within the scope of the 9€ ticket. This applies regardless of whether or not you have purchased the IsarCard Semester surcharge ticket, only the solidarity contribution paid as part of your re-registration is sufficient for this purpose.
Since the 9-Euro-Ticket is cheaper during the three months than the solidarity fee alone, you will be refunded any money you have paid too much. The refund of the solidarity fee and the IsarCard Semester (surcharge) is done separately:
- You currently pay a solidarity fee of 72€ per semester, which corresponds to 12€ per month. This means that for the three months of June, July and August you have paid 3 times 3€ too much compared to the theoretical purchase of the 9€ ticket, which results in a refund of 9€.
- The refund will be made by the universities as part of a one-time reduction of the re-registration fees for the winter semester 2022/23 by 9€. Thus, the solidarity fee is then 63€ instead of 72€. 
- A refund via chargebacks in this semester can unfortunately not be arranged, as this would require too much bureaucratic effort, the costs of which by far exceed the sum of 9€ per refund.
- Students who finish their studies in the summer semester 2022 can therefore unfortunately not receive a refund of the 9€. In return, however, the reduction in fees will benefit new students in the coming winter semester 2022/23.
IsarCard Semester (surcharge)
- Since in the three months of June, July and August the validated student ID card alone is sufficient as a 9€ ticket, the IsarCard Semester (surcharge) is virtually worthless during this time. Consequently, if you have purchased the IsarCard Semester, you will receive a refund for these three of the six months of the 2022 summer semester.
- With a purchase price of 209,30€ this corresponds to a refund amount of half the purchase price of 104,65€.
- The refund will be made upon application to MVG, regardless of which provider or vending machine (MVG, DB, BRB, …) the ticket was purchased from. For this purpose, an online process has been developed.
- It is now no longer possible to submit an application. The application had to be sent no later than Sunday, October 23, 2022 (extended from September 29).
- Due to the large number of refund applications received, processing may take until mid-November. We therefore ask you to refrain from further inquiries.
More general information about the 9€-Ticket can be found on the MVG website.
 The legal basis for the refund of the solidarity fee through a one-time fee reduction of the re-registration fees for the winter semester 2022/23 is the Solidarity Fee Statutes of the Munich Student Union as amended on June 30, 2022.